Saturday, August 10, 2013

Prayers on Prayers on Prayers

People I'm close with have asked how they can be praying for the time I'll be in Paris; I'm so thankful! As my arrival is approaching, anxiety does kick in (which I assume is pretty normal), so in no particular order, here are a few specifics to pray for if you think about it:

1. Pray that my family over there is accepting of me and that I'll feel at home with them. Being away during Thanksgiving and Christmas might be challenging, so I want all of us to feel as comfortable as possible around each other.
2. Pray that I will find a church and a community of believers who will be encouraging and uplifting, and that I would make my attendance to church a priority. I feel like it'll be easy to get distracted!
3. Pray that I can love on Dimitri, Victor, and Hugo, and that I can be a good role model for them. I want them to think I'm cool! But I also want them to respect me. I've learned that there's a fine line with little ones!
4. Pray that I pick up on the language quickly. I don't want to feel too lost initially, and I'd love to be fluent before I leave.
5. Pray that I make friends and that I make my relationship with each of them a priority.
6. Pray that I'm open to learn every single thing about the culture. The people, the art, the language, the cuisine, etc. are all so fascinating. I don't want to miss out on one detail!
7. Pray that I can learn my way around the city quickly. If you know anything about me, you know that my sense of direction is worse than someone who lacks all five senses. I don't want to be afraid to explore. 

I know there are WAY more important things in the world... and people who need prayer WAY more than me... But He hears them all and they're all important to Him, no matter how small.

No comments:

Post a Comment