Monday, August 12, 2013

Beaucoup de Baisers (Many Kisses)

Yesterday my parents and I drove to Sanibel Island (on the gulf coast of Florida) to meet the family I will live with in Paris! Of all the places they can travel, they have been going to Sanibel each year since 1978. Want to know a fun fact? I'll tell you. During la morte-saison "the off-season," about one million Parisians leave the city for their summer vacations. Anyways, the island is just under four hours from my home in Winter Park, so there could not have been a more perfect opportunity for my parents and me to get acquainted with les garçons et leurs parents! When I left the hotel this morning to drive to their condo, I had completely lost my appetite; J'étais très nerveux! I'm talking first-date-with-the-handsome-guy-except-they-are-going-to-be-my-family-for-a-year-or-two-no-matter-what nervous. Elvire (maman) and Christophe (papa) were welcoming and warmhearted, and Dimitri (sept ans) and Victor (cinq ans) took to me rather quickly! They ran up to me and each gave me kisses on my cheeks; my heart melted! Hugo (deux ans) was taking a nap, but awoke after we had eaten lunch and was a bit more shy. He did give me un bisou on the cheek after a little while though! I wish I could go on and on about their individual personalities, but I'm not able to do them justice after just spending two hours with them. More details will come, I promise!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!! They are so darling! I'm so glad this was an affirming experience! :)

    ReplyDelete