Monday, September 16, 2013

Get Lost

Recently I've been intentionally getting lost in the city with the hopes of stumbling upon places a local might frequent.
A vintage market in a church courtyard on a cold and overcast Sunday afternoon.
A brunch date at an authentic French restaurant that has been family-owned for over a century.
A two-story boutique with a narrow spiral staircase, stocked with chic leather jackets, winter hats, scarves and ballet flats.

This past week, Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg stayed in the room adjacent to mine, so we spent Sunday morning chatting over our bowls of fresh fruit with ginger and mint. She was delightful. Her posture, graceful; her English accent, crisp. Does it not sound wonderful? It was... after I sent the boys up to their room.
Elvire gave me an invitation to Les Vendanges, an annual celebration of the grape harvest. Couture designer stores near Avenue des Champs-Élysées (Chanel, Nina Ricci, Ferragamo, Christian Dior, Gucci, etc.) open their doors to guests and offer free-flowing wine and champagne from French wineries. I felt like a celebrity that evening! Tomorrow night I will attend Vogue Paris' Fashion Night Out; I'm looking forward to it!

Things: 
-I am far from mastering the art of bathing three young boys at once.
-Hugo takes his pacifier out to give me a kiss!
-Dimitri told Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg that before she arrived, I was looking up pictures of her online.
-The Metro smells like pee.
-Parisian women do not have butts.
-Thank you for your prayers. I have evidence every hour of every day that they are being answered and I'm so grateful!

Sunday brunch at La Salle à Manger with my new friend, Chloé.

Panthéon

Jardin du Luxembourg.

A chocolate store too tempting to pass by.

Marché aux fleurs. (Flower market)

Vintage market at Saint-Sulpice.
I love French architecture.

Les Vendanges

The weather has been cold and rainy.


2 comments:

  1. This is my first time reading your blog about your Paris adventures and I want to compliment you on your writing style. It's vivid and concise. Now I'll have to read more! I'm glad you're having such a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it lauren! Enjoying reading and following! you go girl! miss you and so happy for you- Christina M.

    ReplyDelete