Friday, September 6, 2013

All things French

Dimitri and Victor have started school, so needless to say I've been filling my free time with all things French.

This city is a dream. Everything about Paris is in her details: from the colorful flowers hanging off of every other window sill, to the fragrant scent of an old lady's parfum (perfume) mixed with her cigarette's smoke... I love it all.

In the past couple days, I explored Le Louvre, walked through Le Jardin des Tuileries and stumbled into Eglise Saint Augustin, Madeleine & Eglise Saint Phillipe du Roule. I might have stopped in a boulangerie or two; they are irresistible! I stood at Point Zero (center of Paris), walked across the Love Lock bridge on La Seine, ate some gelato at the renowned Berthillon, browsed Shakespeare & Co., and toured the Notre-Dame Cathedral.

Details:
-The walk from my house to Berthillon was just over an hour. It was worth it.
-There were flames coming out of my hair dryer last night.
-Ever thought of how many strangers have you in the background of their pictures?
-Dimitri and Victor will not stop singing Gangnam Style.

"Your GPS has made you stupid. Learn to use a map."   -Mom

Le Louvre
Le Jardin des Tuileries
Eglise Saint Augustin
Madeleine
Eglise Saint Phillipe du Roule
Le déjeuner. (Lunch)
Le petit-déjeuner. (Breakfast)
Point Zero, the center of Paris.
Love Lock bridge on La Seine.
The best of the best gelato in Paris.
The famous Shakespeare & Co.
Notre-Dame Cathedral. Happy 850th birthday!



No comments:

Post a Comment